Quotes on Generosity and Giving – 2015
- …. the true demand of religion will never be a demand for correct behavior or correct belief; but for generosity, as the controlling factor in every relation between man and God and man and man. Evelyn Underhill, in The School of Charity, p. 11
- If money talks , what does it say about our faith? Peter Gomes in Strength for the Journey, p. 10
- When a friend of Alexander the Great asked of him ten talents, he tendered to him fifty, and when reply was made that ten was sufficient, “True,” said he, “ten are sufficianet for you to receive, but not for me to give.” Phillips Brooks in Lectures on Preaching, p. 31.
- Those who cannot give cannot believe others can give and distrust all gifts. Peter Kreeft in Back to Virtue, p. 115
- What are you afraid of? Of leaving that which will soon leave you?What are you afraid of? Of following too much goodness, finding a too- loving God, of being drawn by an attraction which is stronger than self or the charms of this poor world?What are you afraid of? Of becoming too humble, too attached, too pure, too true, too reasonable, too grateful to your Father which is in heaven. I pray you, be afraid of nothing so much as of this false fear—this foolish, worldly wisdom which hesitates between God and self, between vice and virtue, between gratitude and ingratitude, between life and death. Francois Fenelon, in The Royal Way of the Cross, p. 5
Quotes on Giving and Generosity – 2014
Quotes on Giving and Generosity – 2013